Friday, July 27, 2007

7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners

Ok, so here are the 7 1/2 habits in brief:

  1. Determine your goal
  2. Be active
  3. View problems as challenges
  4. Be confident
  5. Create your own toolbox
  6. Use technology to your advantage
  7. Teach or mentor others

and 7.5 Play!

Ok, I've got 7.5 down pat for sure. Considering that I have a rubber band gun in my desk drawer and a water-squirting shark on top of my desk, I've got 7.5 in the bag.

My biggest hurdle in these is viewing problems as challenges. In my world problems are thing to overcome and move on from. Yes, you can learn from them, but you certainly don't go seeking them out. I know, no one does, but you have to admit, it does take a different mindset to be positive about problems in your live, or in your learning of a new thing.

This mindset reminds me of the Fish! program.

No comments: